When the association was registered in 1950, the old historic coat of arms was used, but surrounded with two chains and the new name of the association, as well as the two foundation dates of 1248 and 1950.
The coat of arms itself consists of two crossed roasting skewers and four larding needles, surrounded by flames of the hearth on a shield encircled by fleur-de-lis and a chain which represents the mechanism used to turn the spit. The inner chain represents the professional members, the outer chain the non-professional members and the bond which unites all the members of the confrérie. Although a confrérie means a “brotherhood,” lady members have always been welcome and take may take an active role in the association.
At a later stage, a French artist designed a second logo, incorporating the French rooster and feathers. The intention of this logo was to emphasise that the society is a French organisation with international members. In this logo, all members are represented through only one chain, but the spirit of the former guild is still maintained by the inclusion of the ancient coat of arms. This second logo is now used mainly on diplomas.